Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sunny Side of things...

Finally, here comes the sun. But let's not forget the thunderstorms that come with all the hot, humid weather as well. Just can't win here in VT...

I spent my weekend in Mass with my U15 soccer team playing games in the 90 degree weather. The girls were laughing at me because I was sweating more than they were...and they were playing a game. I guess that's what I get for being pregnant in summer.
The team begged me to hold a "team meeting" at the mall Sunday...so I did. And we all went shopping. At one point I was in Motherhood with 11 15year olds picking out outfits for me. A very funny scene. Something a male soccer coach will never experience...last year at this tourney I was told by an older male ref that" my team played very good for a woman coach..." Luckily that was not repeated this year. Younger refs maybe?

If you care, they played really well--tied 0-0 and only lost 1-0 to two teams who beat us 2-0 and 6-1 just last weekend. So major improvements.

Vin stayed home and painted the baby room doors, and knee wall doors. He also worked the medical tents at the Burlington Marathon on Sunday--the hottest day on record--and seemed to enjoy that.

Mon we were both home and I cleaned and vacuumed everything...for four hours. While Vin was off bike riding and running--training. Then we both did yard work outside for another three hours. Needless to say my back was very sore last night but isn't bad today.

My soccer team seems to enjoy a "rubbing" of the belly for luck. And the baby entertains them on the sidelines as it moves my entire stomach from side to side, or gets the hickups. Very interesting feelings inside...can't wait for the baby to be big enough to come out! 8 More weeks, or 48 days, but who's counting!!!

No comments: