Monday, May 08, 2006

Baby Shower Thanks

Thank you to everyone who attended my baby shower either in person or spirit. We had a great day of visiting, laughing, opening baby gifts, and eating great food.
I really appreciate everything you all gave for the baby and Vin and I. Thanks so much for your love and friendship. (Enough gushy stuff...) BUT thanks :)

Vin and I made it back to VT safely. You should have seen the truck..packed and overflowing with gifts and dogs. We had an uneventful drive back and even had time to grab Pizza Hut pizza...which Angie had a craving for!!!

Back in VT the Kitchen is full of baby gear because we have not set up the baby room and have no place for things just yet. I cannot believe all the stuff you need for such a little baby...interesting. Not like buying a dog where all you needed was the collar, a leash and food bowls with food. UGH...what's the difference? I wonder?

I am not back at work yet. My union is still on strike (day 3) and things don't look that good for a settlement. On Friday I even found myself on the front page of the Burlington Free Press holding my strike sign and walking the line...nice he? I have reached newspaper status I guess.

Today I have the late shift at strike head-quaters. So I report from 12:30pm t0 6pm to help with lunch and dinner and cleanup. I also have soccer from 5-9pm everynight this week except Thurs which is baby class with Vin. I hope we return to work soon because this strike stuff is way too stressful and full of more hours than my regular workday.

Anyway...baby is doing fine and growing even more. I still have two months left and I am getting bigger by the day. I cannot believe how this works...very interesting and fun to experience.

I am headed outside right now to clean my car--the local robin thinks it's fun to ram the windows and poop on all the doors--I think we may buy a beebee gun soon to show it who's boss.

Oh and I also got called the Jury Duty starting June 5th...I will let you know how that goes...

Anyway...take care, and thanks again for such great baby stuff!!!

No comments: