Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mt Hunger

Mt Hunger...and no I am not talking about my appetite.
It was my bright idea on the 30th of April on a beautiful 70 degree Vt day to take a hike.
We decided on Mt Hunger because it is an easy 45 min hike to a great summit. Well, that's one trail.
We apperently took the other trail--2 hours straight up with a three legged dog and 7 month pregnant lady. Good choice.. :)
WE had a blast...the dogs loved it, I worked my ass off, literally, and Vin was just a trooper carrying and lifting the three legged dog and pregnant lady back down the mountain.
We climbed rocks, walked on ice and snow, and ate lunch with a beautiful view of the valleys. Sometimes you just can't beat VT. That evening however we were all fighting to see who was going to be more sore. Vin, the dogs, or Angie. We all tied...We were all just beat.

Since then however, our relaxing lifestyle has hit a few bumps. There is a strike in the near future for Angie's school. If no contract settlement by Wed 4pm, the teachers in my district go on strike. So that has been quite stressful for Angie's work atmosphere.
Then Angie's soccer club, Nordic, where she is to work starting September threw out the model she was going to be hired under and are in flux. So again Angie's job is up in the air.

Luckily the baby and I are doing fine. The doc says I am good to grow!!! And getting bigger every day. The baby gets stronger and kicks and moves with force now...wakes me up in the middle of the night and such. Very cool!

Well I guess that's it...I also think it's enough. Will keep you posted on work sagas and baby updates. Can't wait for my shower in NY...and see family and friends this weekend. I need a break!!!

No comments: