Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Due date has arrived...

Well the baby due date has arrived and I feel will pass without baby Vance entering into the world...

He seems to be on his own clendar...so again we are in, what Vin calls, "The Holding Pattern."

I am still working from home doing all the Nordic soccer club items I can...I am the Director of Operations--nice official title. So I am working on advertising for tryouts and getting the administrative parts completed before the baby arrival. Vin is at home going stir crazy...he starts a new job Aug 1st as as the baby takes longer to get here he gets a bit more neverous that he cannot help as much as he should. Hopefully he just won't go to work completely exahusted, since I too still have responsiblities to the soccer club during baby arrival. Nothing like planning on our part.

We have been trying to stay cool here in VT. Believe it or not it is HOT. Very humid and muggy as well. Last night we slept in the basement--with two fans on us as well. It was 9 degrees cooler down there than the first floor, not to mention 13 cooler than the bedrooms. Don't worry, the basement is a finished room with small bed. The dogs even enjoyed the releif. It was so much cooler!

Yesterday Vin and I were so hot we went out and bought another kayak at noon. So now we each have a kayak. We went to the reservior and rowed for a bit...people laughing at me asking if my obstitritian makes boat calls. But I did not care...we rowed to the rock, docked the boats and swam for an hour. I actually floated...I seem to float very well right now! It was fun and very refreshing.

Nala and Reese have been staying home recently becuase Reese is hurt. We are not sure if it is her knee or ACL, or hip. BUT either way she is very ginger on her rear left leg. So we take them out once a week to get to the water and then she limps the rest of the time. We are sad, and trying to heal her if we can. She is on pain meds and muscle relaxors and "hippie tea" as Vin calls it. Some herbs that our dog friend suggested. We hope to give her lots of rest after the baby comes.

I have lots of pictures I would love to post, but my computer is on dial-up so that would take forever! I have pics of myself floating belly up in the water...and it is pretty funny!

Anyway...will keep you posted and hopefully the next time we write it will be with photos of baby Vance...

Angie

2 comments:

Pete Codella said...

You guys are crazy! Here’s the difference between Pete and Vickey, and Vinny and Angie — the day before Dominic’s due date we walked the mall, you two kayaked. Of course we could compare the relative use of the word “hot” as well. My car thermostat said 116 today. Not sure about yours, but my guess is the low 90s, maybe. But you generally have much more humidity, although today ours was around 60%. We had a crazy lightning and thunderstorm yesterday that brought some much needed rain.

At any rate, hang in there with the impending delivery. We know how you feel. Dominic was a day late last July.

And yes, we’re anxiously awaiting those floating in the water with your belly sticking out photos.

Pete Codella said...

Okay, it's July 23rd and still no news? What's going on up there? Maybe you should try jogging?