Friday, March 03, 2006

What is the baby's sex???

Okay, we had our ultrasound at the hospital yesterday am...and we found out what we are having...I know you are all excited to hear so I will keep the suspense up a bit longer, he he.

We got to see the baby's head, spine, kidney's, ribs, humerus, femur, arms, legs, feet, bladder, brain parts, heart...and we even got a picture of what the face looks like. (I will post when I get to work and can scan it in.) I tell you it was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

So as the nurse is looking around and showing us all of this on our baby she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby...we did so she told us: "You have a very active (it was moving around the whole time she was trying to take pictures) baby boy on the way." She showed us his "parts" and it was very evident he is a boy. But then the nurse claimed she could not be held responsible to that claim because if the parts fell off it would be a girl...I thought that was the funniest thing I have heard.

I think Vin was very happy and relieved that he was going to have a son, and not be outnumbered by all his "bitches" (the dogs and wife). Plus he said now we will definitely have a skier in the family because there is no way mom will be able to teach a boy to snowboard...Nice eh?

So we are very excited and looking for boy names now. We had the girl name, but not boy...Any suggestions we would love to hear.

Yesterday Mom and I spent the day shopping for baby furniture and picked out a crib and changing table...It was fun but also expensive. Lots yet to buy and I love to shop so this is fun!

The final doctors update is: we are expecting baby boy Faraci on July 18th. We will keep you posted...Thanks for reading!!!

2 comments:

Pete Codella said...

Congrats! We're excited for the boy's arrival. And we'll look forward to watching a Faraci snowboarder. Who knows, with Vin as the coach, perhaps he'll be an Olympian.

Melissa said...

That is great. Well there sure doesn't seem to be a shortage of boys. The grandkids are now 1 part girl, 4 parts boys and a very active boy if he manages to keep all his parts. Great news.